Skip to content
Cunard War Memorial
Just in front of the Cunard building is the Cunard War Memorial, designed by the architect Arthur Davis and made by the sculptor Henry Pegram.
It consists of a bronze figure of Victory on a Roman Doric column in granite by John Stubbs and Sons, with bronze mouldings and details by The Bromsgrove Guild.
The design is given a naval character by a bronze prow of a Roman ship, together with ropes, anchors and shells.
The statue was exhibited at the Royal Academy of Arts before being unveiled in its current position by the Earl of Derby in October 1921.